Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Revival

Last week, we had a special Revival Weekend at Uchee Pines. Everybody laid down their daily work on Thursday and Friday, so that we could get together as a body to experience revival both personally and as a group. As a special speaker, we had Pastor Atwood from Wildwood, and the Wildwood Strings Ensemble also came to give the whole weekend a nice musical frame. There were also speakers from campus, and we really had a blessing. At the end of the last evening, our President went forward and apologized to certain individuals for his shortcomings that were of a public character. After that, others also stepped up to apologize for their wrongs towards him and others. It was very powerful. I shared the little book "Steps to Personal Revival" by Pastor Helmut Haubeil with them, which has been a great blessing to me. We indeed need the Holy Spirit for personal revival, and we need to ask the Lord daily to supply us.

Other than that, I've been enjoying my work in the Kitchen. I've been learning a lot of things, and I've also been able to get into raw cuisine, as many of the lifestyle guests are mainly on a raw diet. It's been tyring though. In the evenings, my feet tend to be sore to the point that I don't really want to move around much more. Nevertheless, I'm thankful for this opportunity to widen my horizon. And once more, I'm enjoying the mild winter here. It's such a blessing that you can pick fruit here even up to December. This morning, I picked the last pears from the tree by my house. Also some pineapple guava are still available, and even some water melons in my personal garden!

At the end of the month, we will go to GYC in Houston. I'm sure the meetings will be a blessing. I look forward to this spiritual refreshing.

A recent fall picture with my friends Daphne and Vanessa


The last harvest of pears

My pear tree

Pineapple Guava

No comments: