Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Going West Again...

It's 6:30 AM and I'm sitting at Brussels Airport. My taxi made it here within 15 minutes, and it only took me another 20 minutes to go through special security and drop off my luggage. I'm excited. I'm headed to Palm Springs to attend the AMEN Conference, after which I'm going to spend ten days with friends at the West Coast. As of November 9, I'll be helping out at Uchee Pines again for another few months. I'm so glad that I don't have to spend the winter in Belgium.

The month of October wasn't even a nice one in Germany. I returned from there this past Sunday. I had a very blessed time with family and friends. Actually, I realized that I hadn't been in my home country for such a long period of time (i. e. 3 1/2 weeks) since I moved to Belgium in 2004. My mother celebrated her 70th birthday, which was a blessing. She is still going strong, and my father is doing pretty well, in spite of his condition. Only my grandmother hasn't been doing great. She is getting anxious and nervous about things, and thus she needs more care now. But given the fact that she is 92, her physical condition is amazing.

Anyway, I'm thankful for the time I was able to spend with them and to reconnect with friends. Now off to the next thing!

My family
My mother to the right with her sister

My dessert
Alp Horn players in the Black Forest

No comments: