Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Déjà-Vu

I'm having a "déjá-vu" experience right now. I'm sitting at the Greyhound station in Atlanta waiting for the next bus. I made it here on time from Chattanooga, however, when my connecting bus was announced, I heard them say all kinds of places but not Columbus. So either I didn't hear it or they forgot to mention. Since it was still 25 minutes until scheduled departure of my bus, I didn't consider this to be my bus anyway. But I wasn't aware that they usually do the boarding 20 minutes prior, and so I missed it!

Now I will still have to wait another 4 hours, and hopefully I will make it back to Columbus by 9:15pm. That's very annoying of course, all the more I had to pay another 20 Dollars penalty. But I have to make the best out of my waiting time now - so here goes another blog!

My time with Nathalie at Wildwood was very blessed. Even though it was quite hot, we had the most beautiful weather, and only today it started pouring down. It was nice attending Wildwood church, and when we went to the cafeteria for lunch, I was surprised to see Angélique, a young lady from my church in Brussels. She has been at Wildwood as a student for 6 months already, which I had no clue about. I wish some more young people from Belgium would go to these places.

Yesterday, we enjoyed a beautiful nature hike at Cloudland Canyon. Driving back home, Nathalie felt impressed to read Psalms 121:
"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help [cometh] from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD [is] thy keeper: the LORD [is] thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore." 
Well, the last verse has been especially meaningful to me, in particular as I'm facing my current predicament: "The LORD shall preserve thy going out and they coming in." Indeed, so far He has preserved and protected me during all my travels. I've been through far more inconvenient situations, and at times I've even been in potential danger. But "the angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear Him..." So I'm thankful for His protection and watch care!

In the meantime, I got word that Sister Wanda, a member from Uchee Pines church, passed away. She came as a lifestyle guest back in May, when I was the Resident Lifestyle Counselor. I applied her poultice every evening and we had a nice time together. It's weird, but it seems each time I leave Uchee Pines for good, there is a funeral taking place. It was the same back in 2009. But I know Wanda is resting in Jesus now. I look forward to seeing her again - together with all the other precious souls I have been privileged to work with at Uchee.

At Cloudland Canyon - we had a beautiful hike
My Greek-German friend Nathalie
At Lula Lake Resort
With Angélique
4th of July

No comments: