Friday, November 1, 2013

Let It Rain and Discover Belgium

I'm a little bit behind with blogging. There have been many happenings that could fill a blog, but I haven't been able to take the time to write about them.

Last weekend, I went to Munich to attend part of the "Let it Rain" event that they organized in one of our churches there. First of all, it's a public evangelistic outreach with health presentations by Dr. Tim Riesenberger from the US. The health talks started on Monday and will continue through Saturday night. However, it started already last Friday with a special weekend with the participants of this events, which are mainly young people from different churches. They have spend the week together to go on the streets of Munich (to the city center, door-to-door, to student's places etc.) to invite people, do surveys with them etc.

The weekend was great. I stayed with my uncle Kurt whom I hadn't visited for a long time. His new life partner is a very nice lady who has an interest in our church. I invited her to the meetings, and I hope she has attended them (I have only followed via Livestreaming, but I haven't seen her on the screen). On Sabbath afternoon, I joined the team who had reserved a spot for a booth in the center of Munich. We had some good conversations with people passing by, and I hope many came for the talks.

Things happening in Munich city 

A little demonstration at the Marienplatz (near our booth)


The presentations have been very interesting and well presented. In fact, even my parents have been watching them, as they are staying with me here in Brussels since Tuesday.

Yesterday, I was off and we went to the small city of Dinant (about 80 km / 50 miles from Brussels). It was an exceptionally beautiful fall day, and it was so interesting to visit this old citadel. They have many of these ancient fortresses, which of course played an important role during the wars.


The river Meuse
Dinant is the "birth town" of the saxophone
The one who invented it was born here
Upstairs to the citadel. Good work-out!
Great view from the gondola
I chose to go 100 meters/yards upstairs instead of riding with the gondola
Guillotine
Dormitory
In the kitchen
Bakery
The Thinker
Lovely View

Today, we are headed for Germany. I'm going to stay there until Tuesday included. I will mainly enjoy the free time which I'm going to spend with family and friends, as well as to run some errands. On Tuesday, I will be on a mission called "Back to School", i. e. I'm going to visit my former secondary school in order to share with the students about the EU and my work there. I'm quite excited. I'm sure it will be an interesting experience going back there after 24 years...

No comments: