Saturday, February 2, 2013

Church Events

This afternoon after the church service was over, it was so beatifully sunny outside. Thus, I decided that I couldn't stay longer inside, so off I went home to go and enjoy this rare moment of the Brussels winter season - only to find out that there were heavy clouds in my area of town. And now it's even snowing! Well, maybe that's the opportunity for me to post a blog on the recent happenings.

The Health Expo training weekend with Valérie Dufour was very blessed, yet unfortunately not so well attended. But at least we have all the tools and material now to conduct a children's Health Expo. There are actually many possibilities, but we would like to start off with an Expo for the children of the local churches. The advantage with it is that you don't need as many volunteers as for the adult Expo. So I hope we can manage to organize ourselves to get the health work really going here.

The banners for the children's Health Expo - very colorful

The ASAM (Adventist Single Adult Ministries) last weekend with Andrea Hicks from F.O.C.U.S. Ministries was also a blessing. In fact, the church was packed on Sabbath morning, and I counted about 70 people staying back for the afternoon workshop, which is quite an unusual number. The attendees, whether single or married, really liked the presentations and Q & A sessions, and Andrea enjoyed her stay in Brussels very much. I'm glad that we were able to have her, and it's my hope now to continue with this Singles Ministry. There is definitely a need for it.

Andrea in action
With Andrea, Emma and Felicia for a non-vegan treat in Brussels
(Belgian wafles :-)

So church life has been rather busy, and the next event is coming in a week's time: Our big baby dedication. I'll be posting about it.

Meanwhile it has stopped snowing and the sky is blue here :-). Crazy weather patterns.

1 comment:

ELIZABETH said...

sEEMS VERY INTERESTING DANIEL . I APPRECCIATE THE FACT YO SHARED WHAT YOU FOR THE LORD. BLESSINGS. ELIZABETH