Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Flower Carpet

Last weekend was a special event in Brussels. I had totally forgotten that every summer, a flower carpet is spread out on the historic Grand Place in the city center. I found out about it in the German news, and so I decided to go there on Sabbath after church. Well, I wasn't the only one who had this idea, so we went with a whole group of church members. It was impressive to look at the myriads of flower petals nicely arranged in a beautiful pattern. However, it never lasts longer than a few days, and given the rain we had on Sunday, I was glad that I made it there before.

Everything hand made!
Another view
close view
People watching from the balcony of the town hall
This is a picture from a previous year - I wasn't able to get that view!

No comments: