Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Antwerp

Since it is nice and quiet in the office these days, I decided to take Tuesday off and go to Antwerp, which is about 45 minutes north east of Brussels. I had never been there before, and it was interesting to explore this town. Of course the old architecture is quite similar to Brussels, but the fact that it is a seaport gives a special touch to this place. However, after having visited the major tourist places in my adopted home country, I came to the conclusion that there is no place as charming as the little town of Bruges. If you ever come visit me here, I would be glad to take you there! Anyway, I had a good day away from work, and even the sun was shining nicely.

The railway station
The clock at the station
Cute architecture
Fountain
Interesting Statue
The houses of the Guilds or corporations. There are many of such historic buildings in Brussels as well
The town hall
The "Groete Markt"
Small alleyways
And somebody playing the piano in front of a department store

No comments: